Thursday, November 15, 2007

Foster Families Use Your Voice

Navigating the Maze: Foster Parenting and Life: Foster Families Use Your Voice

My thanks goes out to foster parents and child welfare professionals who recognize the capabilities and potential of children in your care -- and are courageous enough to fight for them to receive support and services.

Please tell me more about experiences in advocating for foster children:

1.) Examples of when it has been successful
2.) Roadblocks when it hasn't
3.) Techniques that you have found to be most effective


Your insights will be used in a 2008 conference to 'train the trainers' of every county foster parent and social worker in my state. The information that you share can be anonymous.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. It is so encouraging to see someone with your experience and first hand knowledge being so proactive about foster care. Major kuddos to you, girl. I'll give some thought to your questions and will respond, but you should know that my experience is not just as a CASA volunteer - I adopted both of my children through the foster care system.