Saturday, December 11, 2010
The 2025 Campaign for Black Men and Boys today has released a new report, We Dream A World: The 2025 Vision for Black Men and Boys with recommendations aimed at drastically altering life outcomes for black men and boys.
Among this report's fundings...
- African American men are less likely to be working than any other demographic in the United States
- African American men between ages 16-24 fare the worst
- The time between ages 16-24 often established a person's earning trajectory for a lifetime.
- At every educational level, African American males are less likely to be employed and earn less than their Caucasian peers.
- Caucasians with comparable credentials were 50% more likely to receive calls from prospective employers.
- Research by the University of Chicago indicates that having an ethnic-sounding name is a job interview deterrent.