I am hoping that it's a decade of continued positive change regarding improving outcomes for foster care youth/alumni. That's what I'll be working towards for the next 10 years.
Today, I am looking back and savoring every second and every moment of 2009...
During 2009, the Ohio chapter of Foster Care Alumni of America:
- Testified before legislators
- Visited various counties to build youth advisory boards
- Supported Ohio Reach efforts to increase the number of foster care youth enrolling in and graduating from college
- Co-hosted the youth track of the NACAC conference
- Shared our insights nationally and locally
- Had Ohio's First Lady present during our Thanksgiving event